At Crichigno Orthodontics, we're passionate about helping our patients achieve a beautiful smile and we're constantly looking for ways to make the orthodontic treatment process easier and more convenient for our patients. That's why we're excited to offer Invisalign, an exciting and fast-growing alternative treatment to braces. But what exactly is Invisalign, and why would you want to use it over braces?
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment method that uses clear, removable plastic trays – called aligners – to straighten teeth instead of metal wires and brackets. While both Invisalign and braces both accomplish the same goal of moving teeth, Invisalign carries a number of distinct advantages over braces:
- Virtually Invisible: The aligners are almost invisible when worn, so no one will know you're straightening your teeth.
- Removable: The aligners are completely removable, taking only seconds to pop in and out.
- Enjoy Your Favorite Foods: Because you remove the aligners to eat, you can still enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Oral Hygiene Is Easy: You also take them out to brush your teeth, which means maintaining oral hygiene is as easy as ever.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are flat and smooth to the touch, making them much more comfortable than braces.
Contact Your Hamilton & Oakville Orthodontist
While Invisalign has many benefits, braces are still a highly effective treatment and may be better for some patients. Dr. Crichigno will work with you to explore your options and determine the ideal treatment course for your unique situation. If you'd like to find out more about Invisalign or see if it's right for you, feel free to call us at 905.827.2237 for our Oakville office, 905.560.4555 for our Stoney Creek office, reach out to us at our contact page with any questions, or schedule an appointment with us online. We look forward to hearing from you, and we'll see you back at this blog for more tips and info on orthodontics!